Release date: 2011
Version played: Xbox 360 in 2014
+ AMAZING announcement trailer
+ Yusuf is a good new character, old Ezio is great
+ bombs, hookblade, zipline all good additions
+ Constantinople is awesome, especially all the high spires
+ two different faction of guards is good, as is making them fight
+ all the Altair stuff, especially the return to Masyaf
– den defense? Boring, and doesn’t fit in with the rest of the game. What were they thinking?!
– the reveal of Subject 16 was a bit silly. He worked better as a nameless ‘warning’
– new map style is too detailed to work out where things are
– jumping was slightly off, more than previous games
– no real main bad guy to hate throughout the story, like Rodrigo or Cesare Borgia
> Island was weird. Very Matrix-y, and a little bit unnecessary
> takes slightly too long to start recruiting Assassins
> still not able to hold button for multiple lootings
> Random button changes from previous games. I kept shooting doctors.
Should you play this game: Only if you are invested in the story, particularly of Ezio. Otherwise, don’t bother.